Every person has a different skin type and the skin products work differently on different skin. Every one of us is very conscious about his/her skin especially ladies. They want to look fresh all the time.
Today I will discuss 6 different skin types so that you can find out which is yours? These 6 types of skin are based on different factors. The question is that which one do you have? Which skin product should you use?
1. Sensitive Skin
If you have ever noticed some change in your environment which can affect your skin then this could be a sign that you have sensitive skin. The skin sensitivity often appears as itchy and red, burning or dry and can also result in flaky patches on the skin.
How it is caused?
Skin sensitivity is caused by:
- Hot water
- Different weather conditions
- Hormonal changes
- Exposure to the sun
How to treat sensitive skin:
- If you have dry skin, it can be treated by replenishing your skin’s water. You can also treat this with a skin moisturizer.
- You should avoid hot water and take short warm showers.
- Always use fragrance-free skin products.
- Try to use essential oils
2. Dry Skin
Dry skin is very normal and it is not a serious condition and it often results in scaly flaking patches. Dry skin happened because your skin has fewer oil-producing glands than regular skin does. Dry skin also happened because of the hydration.
Causes of dry skin
The main cause of dry skin is due to the environment. Hot or cold weather, low humidity is the common cause of dry skin. As these factors are environmental so we can control them. Your diet and lifestyle can also play an important role.
Tips for Dry skin
- Don’t spend much time in the shower, try to spend less than 10 minutes in the shower.
- Avoid using hot water.
- Always apply moisturizer after washing your face and hands.
- Use skincare products that are specially made for dry skin.
3. Normal Skin
There are some lucky people in this world which have normal skin. Their skin is balanced as it is not oily or dry. They have rarely dry or oily skin and if it occurs, it is easy to get rid of this issue.
Normal Skin Tips
As I mentioned above that you are fortunate if you have normal skin but don’t take it for granted. So you must take care of your skin by spending less time in the sun and use sunscreen.
4. Combination Skin
Combination skin means that some areas of your skin are dry and rough and some areas are oily. As this type of skin is difficult to treat.
Causes of combination skin
- It is commonly caused by genes.
- Use of incorrect skincare products can also affect your skin.
Tips for combination skin
- Use a facial cleanser twice a day so that it can wash away impurities.
- Try to use an oil-free moisturizer.
- Use broad-spectrum sunscreen.
5. Oily Skin
If your skin looks shiny all the time, then your skin is oily. The reason for this skin is that our pores are a gland which is responsible for producing an oil called sebum. This oil helps you to keep your skin healthy and protect it from dehydration. When these oil glands work properly, they remove the dead skin and irritants.
Tips for Oily Skin
- Always use oil-free skincare products
- Use a gentle foaming face wash
- Make a habit to wash your skin twice a day.
- Try to use blotting paper so that it can absorb excess oil. But the important thing is here that don’t rub your face with the paper as this will spread the oil to other areas of your face.
- Always use water-based makeup.
6. Maturing Skin
As time passes, our skin change because of the age factor. This type of skin is known as maturing skin. Blemish or wrinkles are the hints of the age factor and our skin loses its freshness.
Causes of maturing skin
- Mature aging is caused by aging. As I discussed that year’s pass, your skin will become getting out of shape.
- Sun exposure is also one of the main reason for maturing skin. The ultraviolet radiation from the sun rays can speed the aging process up.
Tips for maturing skin
- The most important tip is to wear sunscreen daily because sun exposure damages your skin a lot.
- Make sure to moisturize your skin daily.
- Want to diminish the signs of aging? Check out our reviews for Best Skin Bleaching Cream.