If you are doing wax at home then you must be aware of the mess being caused by it. No matter how much of an expert you are yet the residuals of the product remain stick to the skin. These left overs give an unpleasant sticky feels to your skin. Taking off these residuals from the skin brings more mess all around you. Following article will not only help you learn quick and easy ways to clean the mess but it also contains several ways to simply prevent this mess.
Easy ways to remove wax from your skin
Once you are done with waxing, removing its residuals off the skin is a huge task. Usually wax remains stick to the skin if the strips are not pulled off correctly or the skin is too dry. In either case the result will be a huge mess of the product all around your skin. To avoid such mess there are a few ways which can be of great help to you.
1. Use Hot water Compress:
To remove wax leftovers;
- Soak a towel in lukewarm water for a while, rinse it, put it on the skin for a minute and swipe the skin with it
2. Use Oil:
Another way to remove wax is to use oil. The choice of the oil is entirely yours. You can use baby oil, coconut oil, olive oil or any other massage oil for the purpose. You can use oil based lotion as well.
- Take a little amount of the oil or oil based lotion on a cotton pad
- Put this on the skin and rub gently for at least 30 seconds
- This will remove all the residuals of the wax from your skin
3. Use Petroleum Jelly:
Petroleum jelly is another great option to remove wax leftovers.
- Take a good amount of petroleum jelly on your hand
- Put it on the skin and rub it all over where you can see wax residues
- Wait for few seconds
- Rub the area with a clean and soft cotton cloth or with loose cotton pads
4. Use Alcohol:
Alcohol can also help in removing the wax leftovers from your skin
- Put an alcohol soaked cotton pad on your skin
- In circular motions, rub the pad gently on your skin until the wax is removed from the skin
- A little caution in using alcohol is that it can make your skin dry. To avoid the dryness always use a good amount of moisturizer on your skin.
5. Use Ice:
Ice is one of the safest methods of removing extra wax from your skin
- Take an ice cube in your hand
- Place it on the skin with wax residues at least for 30 seconds
- Clean the skin with a soft cloth once the wax is removed
6. Use Soap and Water:
- Use regular tap water for the purpose
- Wet the skin with the water and apply the soap on that area
- Rub it for a while until the wax is not removed
- Wash the area with the tap water again
We hope that you will find these methods quite easy as none of them is too difficult to be done at home. If you are a beginner you will be experiencing this mess more than others. These methods will be of great help to deal with the mess.
Easy ways to prevent the mess during waxing
As we have already discussed that waxing is quite a messy procedure. It involves a lot of sticky product that remains on the skin even after you are done with waxing. To deal with the mess we will share a few ways to prevent it and to make the procedure a little easier for you.
1. Use Moisturizer:
Always keep your skin hydrated. Dry skin will make the wax stick on the on it more. One of the easiest ways to prevent the mess is to moisturize your skin prior to the waxing. This will give you amazing results if you have dry skin. Use a good quality moisturizer one night prior to the waxing. Keep in your mind that;
- Skin is well moisturized but not too greasy otherwise the wax will not be applied properly
- Avoid using oil based moisturizers
2. Trim your Hair:
Hair longer than half inch are difficult to be pulled through waxing. This will also hinder the process and make it messy. To ease the procedure;
- Trim the hair to a desired length if they have grown longer than half an inch
- You can also shave them off 1 or 2 weeks prior to the waxing so that they can grow to a desired length
3. Heat up the wax to the right Temperature:
Always heat up the wax well. If the wax is not properly heated then it will not be applied correctly on the skin. In return the hair will not be pulled off properly and it will be painful as well. Heat up the wax properly. But also be careful that the wax must not be too hot to burn your skin. Always check the temperature by applying the wax on a small portion of the skin to avoid any harm to the skin.
4. Use Talcum or Baby Powder:
If your body is sweating then do not go for waxing it right away. This will hinder the process. To make your skin dry, dust a little amount of powder on your skin so that your skin won’t sweat a lot. Powder will also make the wax to pull off the hair efficiently as it facilitates the process.
Pull off the strip rapidly as this will let you feel less pain and make less amount of wax will stick to your skin. A slow swift will make more pain sensations and will affect the efficacy of the process.
Hopefully the article would have resolved much of your queries and help you go through the waxing smoothly.If you are interested in buying a Wax Strips, have a look at our reviews of the 10 Hair Removal Wax Strips to find out which would be best for you.