If you are trying to find out products that best suit you, this will totally depend upon your skin type. Same is the case with the right type of method being used for removing unwanted hair. Sometimes one thing that suits a person can produce allergic reactions to others. Some people are pretty much into waxing while others might feel the method painful. Hence, they might go for other methods of removing hair like shaving or using depilatory creams.
There are several methods which will be discussed in the article, so you can choose the right method for yourself.
Shaving is one of the most used methods among various hair removal ways. The reason being, it is one hell of an easy and quick process and needs no lengthy instructions to follow. Unlike other methods of hair removal, it is painless and easily accessible by anyone.
Here we will be discussing shortly some benefits of the method which are worth sharing;
- Time:One of the biggest benefits of shaving is that is not a time-consuming method. You don’t need to spend hours to get rid of your unwanted hair. Being the quickest method, it only takes 10 to 12 minutes to shave and rinse the skin.
- Accessibility:It is easy and in access to everyone. You only have to buy a razor and a shaving cream to apply to the desired area.
- Cost effective:This is the cheapest of all. You only have to buy a razor and a shaving cream which can be used for several times (approximately 2 months). So, you need not spend a lot of money every time.
- Effective results:It gives you incredibly smooth skin. Although the smoothness does not last longer, and hair start to regrow within a few days.
- Easy to use: The method is the easiest one and anyone with no prior experience and instructions can use it.
- Preparation:Soak the skin into the water for at least 2-3 minutes prior to the process. Let the hair strands soften and apply the shaving cream on it. Move the razor against the direction of your hair in order to break them down.
- Possible side effects:Apply a moisturizer afterward. Otherwise, it can cause skin reactions like burns, itching or dryness.
- Soak your skin for at least a few minutes
- Use a good quality shaving foam or a gel
- Change your razor often to avoid any skin reactions
Hair Removal Creams
Another method of getting rid of your hair is hair removal creams. Apply the cream on the skin. This will make your hair strands soften and break them down from the follicles. So it is also a quick and a pain-free method.
Here are a few instructions you need to follow while using these creams;
- Time:It is not a time-consuming method. You only have to apply the cream with a spatula on the skin and leave it for at least 10 minutes. Wipe it off with a damp cloth and rinse it with lukewarm water and you are done.
- Accessibility:These creams are easily available in the market in every region of the world.
- Cost effective:These creams are not very expensive and can be used for a month.
- Smoothness:It gives you soft and smooth skin only in one use and at least takes the hair 4-5 days to regrow.
- Preparation:Don’t soak your skin before the process either it will not produce the desired outcomes.
- Post-Care:Always use a moisturizer once the process is done. It can also cause various skin reactions like redness and darkening of the skin.
Whenever we talk about hair removing methods, waxing always comes in the preference list of many of the people. Although it is time-consuming yet delivers countless benefits.
Some of them are discussed below;
- Time:Waxing is quite a longish procedure and takes at last 2 hours for a beginner to wax her legs initially.
- Accessibility:You can easily find good quality wax from any superstore or even from any of a beauty salon near you.
- Cost effective:It comes in many forms and is usually available in small buckets so can be used for months.
- Smoothness:Although it does not provide smoothness as shaving does but takes hair to regrow in at least 2-3 weeks.
- Preparation: Always go for exfoliating your skin before waxing in order to get effective results. Apply talcum powder to absorb the moisture.
- Post-care:Apply a moisturizer and remove the residual wax using baby oil. It can also cause skin reactions like redness, dryness, and ingrown hair.
- Once you learn the process, you can follow it at your home
- Several different forms of wax are available. Go for the hard or the warm wax as it gives you better results
- As the waxing hurts. So, try to use small strips in order to get lesser pain
- Always exfoliate the skin 2-3 times a week. This will prevent to develop ingrown hair
- Always check the temperature prior to the application
Epilation is another cheaper and a faster way to remove unwanted hair. It is an alternative to waxing and effective in the same way as waxing.Read our review of what we consider to be the Best Epilators on the market at the moment.
- Time:For a beginner, it will take as long as 2 hours to clean their legs completely. Afterward, it would not take this long.
- Accessibility:Each of the countries has its best-seller companies. So it totally depends on the region you are living in. But they are easily available everywhere.
- Cost:Their price varies from cheapest to the expensive ones and can easily be used for at least 2 years.
- Smoothness:Does not give smoothness when compared to other methods. Yet gives a long gap in between 2 episodes.
- Preparations and Post-care:Exfoliate before the process. Use a moisturizer in order to avoid any skin reactions.
- Always remember to exfoliate prior to the process to prevent ingrown hair
- Move the epilator in slow motion to pull the hair from the roots instead of breaking them in between
- Stay calm and use a moisturizer to prevent any allergic reactions.